UCI EAS Goals
- Continue to provide professional, community, and social engagement to the engineering alumni community.
- Form partnerships with the The Henry Samueli School of Engineering including, but not limited, to professional mentorship, alumni networking and speakers series.
- Co-host with The Henry Samueli School of Engineering, annual high-level events on a quarterly basis on campus.
- Secure regular funding support from The Henry Samueli School of Engineering.
- Continue to grow engineering alumni engagement numbers, while fostering a strong sense of alumni pride.
- Promote and enhance effective communications between The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and its growing worldwide community of alumni.
- Expose students to alumni early in their academic careers to develop a strong sense of unity within the school and desire to give back.
- Maintain strong alumni leadership that provides professional experience, creative thinking, and open-mindedness to support UCI Engineering Alumni Society.
The mission of the UCI Engineering Alumni Society is to support and develop the engineering alumni of the University Of California, Irvine within the global community. This body will serve to foster mutually beneficial relationships between working engineers, faculty and students. It will also serve to implement programs that embody the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence of the campus and alumni.
Who We Are
UCI EAS is a not-for-Profit chapter of UCI Alumni that supports and provides UCI Engineering Alumni and other alumni with networking events and activities. We want to utilize UCI’s engineering alumni and integrate it through our society to bring a more streamlined access to our alumni network. We want to deepen and extend our reach and bring a new tradition of engineering excellence through to our alumni as well as to our new or current UCI engineering students.
We want to connect and bring together UCI Engineering Alumni to each other. We want to unite our alumni and create a community unlike others to support each other and give others opportunities that otherwise would not be possible alone.
How We Got Started
Founders (left to right): Kevin Woods, Satoshi Suga, Sitara Nayudu, Joshua Jagow
UCI Engineering Alumni Society was founded in December 2014 by a group of eager engineering alumni that wanted to create a lifelong connection to our alma mater. Our goal is to connect engineering alumni to industry professionals, build opportunities for social engagement and provide a direct connection to UCI. We have hosted networking mixers and programs with students as well as monthly social hours. We welcome any and all UCI alumni interested to join us and attend our events!